Backhouse Legal is an innovative and progressive law firm with a busy and growing team. We focus on providing small and medium size businesses with quality legal services for an affordable price. We have a company culture which is inclusive and dynamic, in which each team member takes responsibility and contributes to the success of the organisation.
We do not use timesheets. Billable hours do not exist in our firm. All of our matters are managed as individual projects which are outcome driven, rather than being driven by time recording. This enables our team to be innovative and collaborative and to think “outside of the box” when providing legal services to our clients.
We are looking for someone who is vibrant and enthusiastic to join our team. The role will include a variety of work, with a primary focus on commercial transactions and advisory services to small and medium size businesses.
Possessing excellent communication skills, you will be a strong team player and have high organisational skills. You will also have a positive and energetic attitude and have the ability to take control and management of your own matters.
You will report directly to the firm’s commercial Partner to deliver exceptional client service. The firm aims to provide a balance of supervision and autonomy to allow you to develop as quickly as possible. The predominant aspects of the role involve:
- drafting of general commercial agreements,
- general commercial advice,
- commercial leasing and commercial property transactions,
- wills and estate planning, and
- regulatory advice.
On offer is an excellent remuneration package, an opportunity to work for a progressive firm which utilises up-to-date technology to our advantage, and a career pathway for the future. If you are looking for a position which will offer you a challenge and opportunities to build your career in a growing firm, this is the position for you.
To be considered for this role you will:
- have at least 2 years’ experience in Australia practising in the above areas;
- have an ability to provide a range of legal services for clients;
- hold a current practising certificate;
- have excellent computer skills;
- exhibit strong problem solving and time management skills;
- have very good networking skills;
- be motivated, dynamic, career-orientated and a team player;
- work well in a team environment;
- be professionally presented with initiative and superior communication skills; and
- have an interest in assisting with the firm’s business development strategies.
We are committed to attracting the best talent available and are open to discussing flexible work arrangements for this position.
To find out more or for a confidential discussion call Angela Backhouse on 02 6280 8899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries or discussions are held in strict confidence.
Only direct applications will be considered.